- First, decide whether you have light skin or dark skin. Light skin will need a higher SPF sunscreen and dark skin that is not prone to burning needs a lower SPF.
Don't sunbathe in the afternoon, as these are the hottest hours in the day, mostly 11am until 3pm.
- If you are going to be swimming or cooling off in a pool, make sure your sunscreen is waterproof, and reapply it every hour.
- Dark colors absorb sun so wear light coloured clothes which will reflect the light and keep you cooler. Also, wear sunglasses to protect your eyes. If you normally burn on your shoulders, try wearing a top with sleeves for the hottest part of the day.
- Don't lie in the sun for hours in a row. Every hour or half an hour, get up and cool off. If you are around a pool, jump in the pool to cool off and then go back to sunbathing. Make sure you re apply sunscreen after though!
- After you have been sunbathing, use after sun. It cools your skin down and hydrates it.
If you do get sunburned, stay in the shade until it has healed. After you have got burned, have a cool bath and apply a cool compress to the burns to soothe them. Apply moisturizer or after sun and don't scratch the sun burn or it will make it worse.
- If you're young and burn very easy, on the first couple of days use a factor 50/40 so your skin can get use to the sun. Then when your getting use to it maybe go down to a factor 30 and no lower than 15.
- For medium to dark complexions use a tanning sun block(SPF 4),this will decrease your chance of burning, and give you a tan without the burn.
- Put lotion on every day until the day you go tanning. It eliminates the oil on your skin and puts more layers on your skin. It is a lot easier to tan than to get sunburnt!
Remember to keep turning over and spending equal time on each side or your tan won't be even.
- If you are on holiday, start off with a high sunscreen and gradually get lower as your skin becomes used to the sun.
You can still get burnt when the weather is overcast so always wear sunscreen.
Wear a hat to stop your face from burning and to stop your hair from drying out in the sun.
- If you just can't get a tan, using fake tan or getting a spray tan. If it is done properly it will look real and not streaky, but stay away from the really orange fake tan!
Remember to stay hydrated in the sun by drinking lots of water.
If you want to get your face tanned too,instead of sunglasses put slices of cucumbers over your eyes so that they don't get burnt!!
- If You are wearing a bikini make sure you undo the straps every now and again. Otherwise you will get funny lines that are not tanned.
- If you get badly burnt, and your skin starts peeling, etc., Aloe Vera is excellent for that kind of thing. Gently rub it onto your burnt-spot and let it cool for a bit.
Well.. I hope you can get a beautiful sun kiss after this help I gave you. remember.. who wants a white fat ass??.. umm yeah.. let me guess.. a LOSER!.. i know.. you better get tanned!!!